Eeeeek!! I'm so excited to be taking part in this year's piCture pOlish Blog Fest!
The theme this year is 'The Year of the Blogger' celebrating what us bloggers do! piCture pOlish were kind enough to send me 3 nail polishes to show you and I created some nail art and a tutorial to go along with them! I hear what you're saying 'enough chit chat, show me the polish!'. First up I'll show you individual swatches of the three polishes because I think they're too pretty not to, and then we'll go onto the nail art.
Oh holy mother of all that is pink! This has to be one of my all time favourite pink polishes. Flirt is a gorgeous magenta pink polish with a creme finish. The formula was just perfection, easily a one coater (I applied 2, just because). It went on like butter and it dried with an amazing shine. This is 2 coats without top coat.
Beige is another stunner. A clean, crisp, beige with a creme finish; this does exactly what it says on the tin 'a sophisticated classic'. This went on a little streaky at first but levelled out really easily in 3 thin coats. You could get away with doing thicker coats and only needing 2. You're seeing this with top coat, although it does dry super shiny on its own.
Ah, jelly, holo goodness. Starry Night is a gorgeous charcoal jelly with scattered holographic particles. This went on smoothly in 3 coats. You could obviously layer this over a black creme if you wanted a more 'solid' finish, but I love the depth that wearing this alone gives. The name again is perfect for this polish- it really does look like a starry night sky on your finger tips!
Now onto the nail art! Each nail art creation from this years Blog Fest will go into the running to be chosen to create a collaboration shade via the special Pinterest Blog Fest 2013 Board! There are 3 awards and they will be voted by piCture pOlish fans, bloggers and piCture pOlish themselves, so make sure you head over there and vote for your favourite!!
I wanted to do something that would represent my usual style. It's no secret that I love a skittlette mani or that I love sugar-spun nail art, so I give you...
Here's how to achieve this look yourself:
1. First paint your index and middle nail in Beige, your ring nail in Flirt and your thumb (not pictured) and pinky in Starry Night and allow to dry.
2. Next, take a piece of foil or something similar and drop a few blobs of Flirt on there. Allow it to dry for 10 minutes until it has gone gloopy. You can use the cocktail stick to check when it is ready by mixing it: if strings appear you are ready to move onto the next step.
3. When your polish has gone stringy, place your index finger next to the blob of polish, take your cocktail stick and lift a string of polish over your nail. You can place a blob of polish onto the side of your nail and keep passing back and forth to create lines over your nail.
4. When you have finished one nail, I recommend you start your clean up straight away as it can get a little messy! I started with a cotton bud to clear the large amounts of polish, and then moved onto an angled brush to clean up the cuticle line.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for your middle nail. I then applied three dots using a dotting tool dipped in Starry Night to my ring finger and then added a silver stud, using top coat, to my pinky and thumb nail.
Finish with top coat to seal your nail art (I left the sugar spun nails without for added texture).
You can purchase piCture pOlish from their website here or their network members here. Make sure to follow piCture pOlish on Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Pinterest and Instagram to keep up to date!