I am majorly excited today!! I've not only been nominated for a Liebster Award, but I've been nominated three times! I've been nominated by Stania at Colour Vida , Christine at Christine's Nail Blog and Alyssia at Rose Tint My Nails.
The Liebster Award is given to new, up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers to help bring awareness to their blog. It's a great way to show support!
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions you were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Come up with 11 of your own questions for your 11 nominees.
4. Post links to the blogs of the 11 bloggers you've nominated (not including the blogger who nominated you)
11 Random Facts about Me
1. I sing, a lot. Sometimes I don't even realise I'm doing it. Ask me a question-I'll probably answer with a song.
2. I have an awesome other half of over 2 years who supports my crazy polishing ways.
3. I have a majorly cute, messy pup called Lucy-her legs are 6 inches long (I measured).
4. I'm 5ft9"...some say this is tall for a gal-I say 'pass me my heels!'
5. I''ve had 3 different surnames so far and have never been married.
6. I buy polish almost every time I leave the house. So much so that I forget I've bought it and find it in my bag weeks later.
7. I have 3 tattoos.
8. I'm an awesome parallel parker...the other half says so.
9. I've lived in 12 different houses in my 25 years.
10. I've had the same best friend since I was 5 (I won't tell you her name just to annoy her)
11. I have just qualified in Acrylic Nails.
So rather than bombard you with 33 questions, I've taken a few from each gal and answered them..
When did your nail polish obsession first start?
Hmm I'm not quite sure, I think it started to get 'serious' this year but I've always loved anything to do with nails.
Who is your blogging idol?
I have many, but Sarah at Chalkboard Nails,Jen at The Polish Aholic and Emma at Globe and Nail are a few of my favourites.
What is your favorite brand of nail polish and why?
At the minute I'm loving anything 'indie'..KBShimmer, Enchanted Polish and a-england are big faves.
What is your favorite color?
I'd probably say purple. I love green or blue polish though.
How often do you do your nails?
Every day unless I'm really busy or I just love my current mani!
What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
Everything happens for a reason..that's my life motto and I believe every word of it.
Why not! It's so easy to change your look just by polishing your nails up, plus polish is just 'waaaaa' haha.
Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Bolton, England.
Did you have a nickname? How’d you get it?
I have a few: Dansy, Dan, Rodgy, Rodders, Wardy. They all originate from my name and surname(s).
Do you believe in love at first sight?
What do you do for a living?
I'm a Civil Servant (how exciting).
What's your favorite movie and why?
Elf at the moment. It's my favourite Christmas film by far! Will Ferrell just makes me laugh my socks off.
I think my favourite so far is either my Alice in Wonderland nails or my Lazy 15 Challenge day 15 nails.
Whats your favourite song?
I love so many different songs I could never pick just one! I love anything from Alain Clark, Plan B, Paramore, Labrinth, Jay Z, The Eagles (old school!) just to name a few. If I reeeally had to pick an ultimate song I think I'd go for Lenny Kravitz 'Heaven'...aaahh such a pretty song.
Where do you buy polish from?
I buy most of my polish online or from Boots and Superdrug instore. Although I love a good bargain hunt in TKMaxx and the one pound shops.
What is the future of your blog?
Hmm good question! I'm not quite sure. I like to take each day as it comes but I'd love for it to just grow and grow. I'm quite happy just sitting here typing to myself though; I see my blog as my little corner of the internet where I can just do my 'thang' haha.
My Questions for you:
1. Where are you from?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. Do you have any hobbies outside of blogging?
4. What do you do for a living?
5. Do you have any strange habits?
6. What's your favourite nail trend of the year?
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
8. What is your favourite nail polish brand?
9. How often do you blog?
10. Do you own any indie polishes, if so which was your first buy?
11. Do you have anything exciting planned for 2013?
My nominees are:
The Nail Obsession
Emma's Little Corner
Nicole Gets Nailed
Polish & Diamonds